Thursday 7 August 2014

Day at Drayton Manor! ♥

Hey guys!
 I went for a visit to Drayton Manor with my mom and my brother sometime ago. My brother was going on a school trip there and i have always wanted to go but never had a reason to until my brother was going.
I hate roller coasters. I have motion sickness which of course would be trigged from going on a roller coaster... I pretty much went because i wanted to take loads of pictures of the roller coasters and i thought it would be nice for my brother to have picture memories of his last school trip before finishing primary school!

The weather was cloudy but warm. Even thought I put sun-cream on me before leaving the house i got burnt all on my chest which is where 
I put more on than i am meant to because i know it always catches the sun!

The first ride my brother and his friends ran to was the 'Buffalo Coaster". This ride reminded me a lot of the caterpillar ride I used see all the time at the fun fairs with the added twist in this case of the red Indian theme.











The next place they ran to was 'splash canyon', This is simply a circle shaped float with seats which then floats down a river of water crashing into the side of the river causing you to be bounced around. I only got a picture of the sign to this ride because there was a high fence around the ride. I did however while waiting for them get a picture of the ride 'shock wave'. This ride came over my head and scared the hell out of me! This ride is a stand up roller coaster which hits the speed of around 85mph! We also went to Pirate Adventure but i didn't get any pictures because it was packed around by the entrance.













We then went for some lunch at the burger place on site for a little sit down, a drink and some drying out time for my brother and his friends from the past two water rides! The food was nice, nothing really to write home about but was good.


The next place we went into was THOMAS LAND!! I was more excited to go in there than my brother and his friends! You have to be 11 or below to get in while being accompanied by an adult. Some girl who looked around the age of 15 were trying to get in but were turned away.
This was honestly my favourite part of the day! It was look being a child again and being inside the television of your childhood! Honestly AMAZING! The one downside with Thomas Land was that the fat controller wasn't there. I was to take a selfie with him but it couldn't happen. I took pictures of Percy etc but i couldn't get a picture of Thomas because loads of children were having their picture taken with him.
















After having a wonder round my brother and his friends wanted to go on the Ben 10 ride that we saw as we walked in. I honestly don't know where the courage came from inside themselves to jump on the ride! The ride pulls you backwards and then throws you round the roller coaster tracks with turns and spirals in the mix before reaching a point which it throws you backwards back into the loading dock. I applauded them. I couldn't have done it!
















The next attraction was the 4D cinema. They were showing a reef experience which was all to do with keeping the ocean clean and taking care of the wildlife that lives in it. The whole experience was great! Water and air was sprayed out at you as well as you chair being push and pulled backwards from time to time as well as bubbles being made to float around the room! It was great!

While my brother was waiting in line for nearly 2 hours for the next ride me and my mom went on the little train that they have there! It was so cute and it takes you around the whole park. We went past woodland, over rivers and we even saw a dragon with no tail! haha.
The last ride that we went to was Stormforce 10. I have never seen anyone as wet as my brother when he got off this ride. He was soaked to the skin. His top, shorts, socks, shoes and boxers all dripping with water. They seemed to have fun though which was the main thing!














The last thing to do before heading home was grab a blue slush puppy! I wanted a really big one in one of those really big cups but they didn't have one which was a shame!


Overall it was a nice day and was something different to spice up a normal Friday!

I have some extra picture left so i'm just going to add them to the end of this post but i hope you guys enjoyed!







Take Care
Post Soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment