Wednesday 1 October 2014

Essence Nail Art - Glow in the night Top Coat ♥


Hey Guys!
Hope you are all doing well!
Today's post is going to be on a top coat i brought a couple of months back.

I had been looking for a glow in the dark topcoat or nail polish for my nail before me and Jess went to fusion. I wanted something that would glow and look amazing on the night time.
I had been looking at some of the DIY Glow in the dark nail polish tutorials on YouTube and was going to give them ago before i saw this nail polish in Wilkos.

This topcoat is from a brand called Essence. I have heard a lot of good things about this brand so i thought why not give it a go and at the small price of £1.00-£2.00 I couldn't pass it up!



I hadn't read any reviews about this product before trying or buying it but i wish i had. This nail polish is honestly terrible. It doesn't give a glow even a little one. Nothing. Its just like a semi-milky topcoat...
I know you don't really expect much for the price but i thought you would have a little of something as you can buy a simple cheap glow stick for £1 from poundland. 



You can't really tell how cloudy the polish is from this picture.
I did try and take a picture of this polish in the dark but you couldn't see anything.
After going through the experience myself i looked at reviews online. I wasn't the only one that it wasn't working for.
Many people said they has to put their polish or hand to a light source like a bulb to bring out the tiny specs of fluorescent-ness (I have no idea what they are called)
I did try what they suggested and it work for about a minute before it faded into nothing again. It was that short i didn't have enough time to grab my phone and attempted to take a picture.
Let me know what you guys think of this product if you have it and if you know of any good glow in the dark nail polishes or topcoats on the market!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
Take Care
Post Soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment