Tuesday 27 May 2014

Homemade Starbucks Frappaccino Style Iced Coffee! ♥

Hey guys!
So today isn't very sunny outside and with it being Tuesday me and my mom usually head off to starbucks before she drops me off at school. However with it being the half term we have no real reason to go and we know it will be packed so I took it upon myself to use the amazing google machine to see if i could find a frappaccino style recipe!
There are so many different ones on the internet and I didn't really like the look of some of them so I thought I would make up my own!

What you are going to need:
(This will made around 4 glasses)
Jug
Blender
Teaspoon
Tablespoon
Glasses

Grounded coffee of your choice (I used Nescafe Fine Blend Coffee)
Cold water
Sweetened condensed milk
Crushed ice for in the liquid (around 8)
Crushed ice for decoration of the glass (around 6)

1. First thing you need to get it get a big jug and place 4 tea spoons of your choice of grounded coffee (You can also use espresso shots if you have a coffee machine)

2. You then need to add around 1 1/2 cups of cold water into the jug

3. Grab your sweeten condensed milk and add around 5 table spoons into the mix (however much you put in will depend on how sweet you enjoy your coffee, I added the full 5 table spoons of milk and it was a tad over sweet)
4. Add the finally crushed into the jug and blend until smooth. The timing of this depending on how fine your ice is and how powerful your blender is.5. Once you stop blending you should have a fine frothy topping
Add the rest of your crushed ice into your glasses and pour the mixture into your glasses and enjoy!

Its all about trial and error so if this recipe isn't to your taste change some of the measurements around! You can also add some different syrups as well if you want it to have a different taste. This can also be done by changing the plain grounded coffee to a flavoured coffee such as a Vanilla bean or mint all depending on your unique style!
 

I hope you guys enjoy this little post and enjoy making one of your own style iced coffee Frappaccino!


No comments:

Post a Comment