Friday 22 March 2013

Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Mascara Black Review ♥

First Review on this blog!
*Disclaimer - The photo's are taken from google images - NO COPYRIGHT INTENDED*


My first review is going to be Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Mascara Black!
This mascara retails for around £6.99 from boots(UK) and Superdrug(UK) but this may vary depending on offers and the shop you buy it from.
I know mascara is hard to review because everyone has different lashes and you have to find the mascara that works for 
you.
I love mascara and i always end up having way to many in my makeup collection, this is only because i like to try them out and see what they do for my lashes. The picture below is of what the packaging and brush looks like.


As you can see from the picture the mascara tube is very bight a colourful and this is what drew me to the product the first time I saw it.
I did come across some problems while using it though.


  1. The brush is MASSIVE. I have small lashes and the brush is just way to big for me. I have looked at some reviews on YouTube and also other blogs and they also say the same. I personally think  it depends on what type of lashes you have.
  2. The formula that they use for this product is very wet. This can cause problems applying as you can get it on your eye lid and if you blink before it dries you will get all on the under eyes area aswell.
  3. It made all my lashes clumpy instead of what it says it should do. It says that this product should define, add volume & reveal unseen before lashes corner-to-corner.
There is one upside thought, with how wet and clumpy the mascara is for me, when I have fake eye lashes on and I want to make the lashes look little bit more natural this mascara does a great job. For me it helped blend my natural lashes into the fake ones leaving me with more defined eyes lashes. I know this also depends on what type of lashes you use due to them not looking natural if you are using very dramatic lashes. Many people in the past have asked me when wearing fake lashes are they real, which to me makes it seem like this mascara does a wonderful job for this.


Let me know what you think about this mascara if you have tried it!
Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment