Tuesday 21 May 2019

2019.

Hey guys!
How are you guys?!
I can't believe its 2019 and I haven't posted on this blog since the end of 2017!

I have missed posting but over the past year I haven't seemed to have the time.
I want to start blogging again as a way of giving me something to do while I am on bed rest haha!
Okay so a little back story about what has been going on in my life for the past month or so... 
Back in April I was planning on going on a little Granddaughter and Nan adventure to Salzburg and Vienna. Every thing was planned and I was really excited and we headed off to the airport!
We got to Manchester airport, got the number for our gate and heading to go and get on the plane as you do in an airport.
However I didn't make it to the plane.
To get to the gate we had to walk down some stairs... I can't remember what really happened after this point apart from I ended up falling down many steps and ended up breaking my leg.
I knew I had broken a bone as soon as I realised what happened as my whole leg was like jelly. I got taken to hospital to find out that it hadn't just broken one bone but both of the bones in my lower leg. I stayed in hospital in Manchester for 11 days and had to have an operation. 
I am back home now and currently have a metal rod and 4 pin screws holding the larger bone in my leg together while my little bone is hopefully healing by itself! Fingers crossed everything is going okay and the hospital next month tells me I can move onto crutches as I am currently sporting a zimmer frame as i'm only touch toe weight-baring and have to use a wheelchair.
However this hasn't stopped me living my life. It's put work on a hold for a bit because I'm not allowed to stand for a long period of time and creating special occasion cakes means I am on my feet ALOT. 
To be honest breaking my leg couldn't have come at a worse time not that there is ever a good time to break a bone but May has been one of the busiest concert filled months of my life so far.
At the beginning of May I had The Vamps four corner tour in Birmingham followed by Free Radio Hits Live the very next day. Take That and Rick Astley a week or so later, last night saw The Vamps four corners tour in Leicester and Saturday is the last one until October so far for Rita Ora!
Thankfully the venues have been able to accommodate for my accident some shows have been better for disabled seats than others (I might actually do a post on my experience with the whole disabled accident thing as there is a few things that I think people should know) but the main thing is I have been able to go to them. Live music is everything to me and as you guys already know if you have been reading this blog since the beginning I LOVE CONCERTS!
 I'm unsure on how long my recovery will be but i'm going to do everything in my power to get myself back to the old me and get myself better. I honestly have the best support network around me at the moment and I can't thank my family and friends enough for what they are doing for me. 
So... expect some more posts from me i'm not sticking to a schedule this time I'm simply going to post when and what I feel like so you could have 3 posts in one day or none for a week haha!
I hope you're all okay!
Take Care
Post soon!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment