Sunday 11 June 2017

21 going on 81. ♥

Hey guys!
This is going to be a bit of a rambling post so I apologize in advance.

Over the past couple of weeks I have seen many of my facebook friends and people who I follow on twitter posting about parties and getting drunk etc and it's got me wondering...
I'm not judging anyone of how they live their life or how they choose to make decisions because each to their own but it got me thinking about how I live my life.
I have a few confessions. 
#1 - I have never been on a night up town. 
For me it's not something that interests me and that I want to do. I could think of nothing worse than going into a club, getting off my face and stumbling home. And let's not get into how much I know some people spend in one night, it's more than my heart can take and well I just see it as concert ticket money haha!
Yes I live my life going to concert and popping to the pub when my friends are back from university and I'm perfectly fine with this. I don't understand how people can count down until the weekend to get drunk and "forget everything". I'm not saying that I will never ever go into a club because there may be a time that I do but at the moment it's not on my list of priorities. Honestly if I don't ever in my life go to a club I wouldn't be bothered and feel like I have 'missed out'.

#2 - I have never gotten that drunk that I can't remember the night before.
I saw a facebook post the other day with someone saying they couldn't remember last night and it was a "messy" one. Again I could think of nothing worse. I enjoy spending time with my friends and making memories that will last a lifetime than to drink them all away and have no recollection of the night before apart from a banging head from all the booze. I know you don't have to drink when you go to places like a club but when you ask people what you do a club they will tell you that you have a little dance, get drunk and 'enjoy yourself'.

I'm not aiming this post at anyone in particular because I couldn't care less how you live you life if i'm honest it's just something that has been on my mind for a while - you do you boo!
Anyways many people who I see post these types of thing are at university and I fully understand that's what you do to let off steam from the week and spend time with your mates but I am someone who owns their own business and works 7 days of the week for around 12 hours a day. This includes being on my feet all day at the shop making cakes to answering facebook and any other enquires at every hour of the day (I have had people message me as early as 3 - 4am in the morning right up until midnight in one day). The thing I enjoy the most is coming home, getting into my PJ's and relaxing with a cup of tea and some rubbish TV every night and weekend when I can.
I guess it's just the generation we live in now a days. I am an old soul I know that. I act more like im 81 than 21 sometime but can drop to acting like a 4 year old at a drop of a hat haha!
If you read this and you are one of these people who enjoy going up town maybe you think i'm strange for not experiencing what you do most weekends and sometimes of a weekday but we each choose our own path in life and I think it's wonderful we have our own views else this world would be a boring one haha!
I know this is a random post but I just wanted to let it all out.
I hope you're all okay
Take Care
Post Soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment